Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Not really a rousing success

Gross. Looks gross my 2 yr tells me on our new recipe Ham and Potato Frittata

Well his opinion doesn't really count since he is picky eater. Mac and cheese is sometimes gross. Heck it is one of his favorite words. So his review really didn't hurt my feelings.

It was actual not too appealing to me either visually. Almost called hubby to bring home a pizza instead. When hubby walked through the door, I told him that it didn't look like the picture on the Weight Watcher website. It looked wonderful there. His response ketchup fixes everything.

My 5 yr old eats everything and ham is one of his fave foods. He gobbled it down My other 2 yr old is also a picky eater and his bowl fell on the floor. The dog gobbled it up. So two positive reviews so far. Hubby liked it, said it was good. I asked it he wanted to bring the leftovers to work. He said no, it wasn't that good. I on the other hand thought it was too dry.


If this really inspired to you to try the Ham and Potato Frittata
3 medium potato(es), peeled and diced
1/2 cup extra-lean ham, approximately 11% fat, diced
1 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute or 3 eggs
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Coat a 10-inch, nonstick, ovenproof skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Add potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Note: Add water by the tablespoon to prevent sticking, if necessary.


Add ham, egg substitute, herbs, salt and pepper, and cook until almost firm, about 10 minutes. Transfer skillet to broiler and broil until browned on top, about 3 to 5 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.




Unless I am really deseparate and have nothing but ham and potatos and eggs in the house it will not make my menu again.

2012  Note: I was looking for a breakfast recipe and realized  I don't have many. We are very simple  breakfast cereals, hard boiled eggs etc. I have made a version of this  Ham and Broccoli quiche/ frittata many times since  and it actually on our menu tonight. It is  quick and easy and much more moist than the one with potatoes.  I will usually dice up some roasted potatoes for the side now.

This posts does bring back memories... have you ever had a recipe redo.

No comments: