Sunday, May 08, 2005

Homemade Popsicles

With the warm weather just around the corner... the kids are going to watch popsicles and things to keep them cool. The price of popsicles are expensive! I have seen prices of the store brand at $2.99 to $4.99 for the brand name. You can make them at home.

Go to your plastic sections of your grocery store and get the popiscle mode. I think I paid $2.00 each several year back and it has save me atleast $100 over the years.

What to put in?
Fruit juice and freezing them is fine! The kids don't seem to mind that. You can spice it up though

Here is one recipe that I found
2 packages unsweetened Kool-Aid fruit drink
3-ounce package Jello to compliment fruit drink flavor
1-3/4 cups sugar

I would personally cut down on the sugar though.

Have fun!
Enjoy your savings!
Theresa

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Thanks for the reminder! Sounds like a good recipe. I saw popsicle molds at Dollar Tree this week, too.
Enjoying your blog,
Meredith