Friday, December 23, 2005

Saving on your grocery bill

CNN has a good article Shave $150 off your grocey bill each week They are preaching to the choir here. It is really geared towards folks who are spending hundreds on food and going out to eat each week. Glad to think the experts believe what I believe!

Here is some of their advice.


Use what you have
This for me is called the pantry challenge! I try not to hit the grocery store more than once a week. Making a menu plan really helps with that.



Make lists
Making a list checking is twice is what keeps my grocery bill low. I make food plans and then make a list of what I want at the grocery store. Also I use a pricebook to make sure I stock up and get the best deals. I am not picky about my supermarket either-Shaws, Stop and Shop or Johnny's-who is having the best deals on what I need is goign to get my business. Plus we have been getting coupons for saving X amount off of X dollars spent.


They also talking about shopping online and use the grocery game-neither one of them which I do.

If you are spending alot, the article gives you something to think about but overall nothing too new.

No comments: