Tuesday, January 24, 2006

10 for $10

There is nothing better than a hot cup of soup after picking up the kids from school at lunchtime. As the domestic frugal mom engineer (aka home executive) that I am, I do like to make large batches of soup, but that is not always feasible. So I turn to Progresso. I love Progresso soups... Lentil, Hearty Black Bean, Vegetable Minestrone and my husband likes the Beef Barley ones. But they are regularly $2.39/$2.49 a can. The generic brand is really not much better at $1.99 a can. So when a loss leader is 10 for $10 I am sucked right in.

Some other deals I got this week.
I did get a ton of celery for 99 cents in the discount produce area-great diet food plus it is will go fast. Go too large eggplant there as well.

Ground turkey was a buy 1 lb get another free. Whenever that is a sale, I do buy it. Also I got some marked down meat-, a lb of ground beef, and some steak.

2 comments:

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Be sure to clip coupons for the Progresso Soup as well! I just got some Campbells Thick and Chunky for .92 cents a can.

They were on sale 4 for 3 dollars. I bought three, and used a coupon that was .50 cents of three cans. My store also doubles coupons, so it made the coupon worth $1, whicn made the total cost of the soup .92 cents. WOO HOO!

Coupons are usually good for a few months. It is helpful to hold on to them until you hit a sale at the store.

Admin said...

Super deal :)

I am coupon lazy. I generally buy generic so that saves me some good money. I will have to keep an eye out on their soup plus the campbell chunky ones because they are often loss leaders.