Saturday, January 21, 2006

Electric bill woes

My electric bill for the second month in a row is over $200. Last month was $201 and now this month $207. I know it has something to do with the Christmas lights but

Some times to be more diligent about:

1. TV is off when no one is watching it. The kids tend to turn it on and then leave the room.

2. Turn lights off. One of my 3 yr old twins thinks it is the best thing to turn on all of the light switches. He is high function austistic and it currently one of the things he is doing all the time. We are working with that he doesn't need every light on.

3. Turn off the hot water heater each day.

I am hoping our next bill be less than $150, let's hope.

3 comments:

smbwallace said...

Hi, great blog! Our electric bill was just over $200 this month too and we don't have Christmas lights. Ours was from the use of small space heaters. They really draw a lot of electricity.

We have one of those old-fashioned wood-burning stoves that we use when it gets pretty cold, like today! I turn the heaters off when I leave the house and at night, although other people in my house think they should blast all the time!

Michele said...

We deal with the same thing with the lights being left on, it just kills me when we get the bill *ugh!*

Admin said...

Thanks Miss And Great suggestion will have to look into that.