Sunday, January 22, 2006

Road Runner High Speed ISP users

I saw this post on www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com and it was too good not to pass along. :)


I wanted to let all the Road Runner internet users know that you don't have to pay the 40 some dollars a month for internet.

For a year I was using Road Runner and decided that it was too much, so I called them and told them I would be cancelling it to go to Verizon DSL. They told me if I stayed with them they would charge me only $26.95. I wasn't really wanting to switch (it was basically for the cost) so I stayed at $26.95. After a year we received the bill and the price had jumped to the original price. I called and they said it was only a special for a year (which doesn't make sense because I asked them many times if this was for the life of me having the Road Runner, but I digress). Anyway, they mentioned that they have a plan called Road Runner Lite. It is Road Runner just at a little slower speed, and they said they could do the $26.95 a month forever (this was a supervisor in the Road Runner sales area). I jumped at it. I have been using this for about 4 months now and don't see too much difference in the speed of my internet. If I download a video or a huge Flash file or something it tends to be slower but for regular surfing it is fine.

They don't advertise Road Runner Lite so you have to call them up and tell them you want to switch. I have told many family members that had dial-up or no internet at all and they called up and got it. If surfing/email is all you do it is a great price for internet.

Another poster responded and Cox does this as well! Heck everyone on cable modems should.

No comments: