Thursday, July 06, 2006

2006 financial goal half way report

Since we are now half way through the year. I thought I would review my 2006 Financial Goals

Up DH 401k contribution to 15%. He is currently at 11%
We bumped it up to 12% in May.

Continue to deposit $350 a month into a Roth IRA for me. This is done through automatic deducation
Done

$50 each, each month into kids 529 plans-automatic deduction
Done
Home improvement-use tax returns for new windows
We got our new windows in May. We used about 1/2 for the windows. The rest went into savings.

Pay extra on the car
I haven't had a chance to pay a cent extra this year.

Open an extra saving account to deposit $250-$400 each month for Disney World trip in 2007.
We have $1800 in our Disney vacation fund. We are about 1/3 there right now as I am budgeting $6000 for our trip including airfare and staying on Disney property. Since we are a family of 5, we can't get only 1 value room. We plan on still staying at a value but either getting two connecting rooms or one of new suites at the All Star Resorts.

No comments: