Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Do you freecycle?

I have seen lots of things up on freecycle and I know a lot of frugal folks use it to declutter as well as get stuff for free. It irks me when people just post want want want stuff. I have gotten rid of a ton of stuff that has gotten a new home plus I have received a few things as well. My current want is a bureau

Have you used freecyle?
Yes I have gotten stuff
Yes I have been a giver
Yes I have been a giver and a receiver
No
Free polls from Pollhost.com

3 comments:

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

I have tried to be a giver, but have been no-showed.

I notice there are more wants then offers, but I wonder if it is just people trying their luck hoping another will say yeah I was thinking about getting rid of that and nows a good time!

Anonymous said...

I have done some freecycling the past few years. I have gotten rid of an tv that no longer worked with cable and would have cost $15 to get rid of. A lamp, some old toys.

Anonymous said...

Freecycle is the next best thing to sliced bread. When I first started with the network, I was low income and struggling and "wanted" everything I saw. I probably got more than I gave for the first 4 months, but then my house filled up and I started to give more than I was getting. I truly love that Freecycle has altered me from a packrat cause "you never know when I'll need it" to letting it go on the basis of belief that it will be available to me now through this system once I do need it!!!