Sunday, August 13, 2006

I got a case of I want a new couch


It is Massachusett Tax Free Holiday weekend and I told dear husband that we need a new couch (and of course the matching love seat). I told him we would save a few bucks on taxes which would be a plus.


Pros
Our 12 year old ones are on their last legs.
Tax free weekend we might save some money

Cons
New furniture in our family room that we live in, wait until 3 active boys are older
Not enough money to pay cash
Would have to take advantage of one of those no interest credit card deals offered by the store.
We got couches/love seat that are older but you can still sit on them.


Bottom line
No new couches until we got the money in cash.

1 comment:

Frugal Duchess said...

Hey! I would wait.

Here's why:

1) wait till boys are older
2) wait till you have the cash...you'll pay soo much more with credit.
3) A lot of those zero-interest credit deals are a sham (hidden costs/penalties)


What about a hotel liquidation sale? Are there any upscale thrift stores in your area?
By the way, I like your blog!