Saturday, August 26, 2006

Summer reflections and back to school thoughts

My little friends (ie my 3 boys) are going back to school this upcoming week. Am I am happy, sad and did it affect my business? Wahm Bloggers wanted to know.

We got out the middle of June for summer vacation. We did camp, summer school, lots and lots of swimming in our pool. We had some weekends at my parent's lake house and days at the ocean with some friends. We had lots of ice cream cones, popsicles, hot dog and hamburgers and of course lots of memories.

We didn't have as much reading, writing and arithmetic as the teachers would have liked but we looked at plenty of rocks, figured out how to get Spongebob a golden spatula, how to jump really high, got the training wheels off our bike. Little lessons.

New sneakers, new underwear, new socks and a few new outfits are what we have gotten for my little friends this past week to make them ready for school. Will I miss them, big time! Are they ready to go back to school and stop being the 3 Jedi knights for 10 hours day protecting the world from the bad guys.

September has always seemed the beginning of the year more so than any Jan 1st. It is a time for renewal, new goals, new things, a new start.

I haven't written as much I would have liked this summer or do my goal of getting two new websites up and running but I did create some good times and memories for my three kings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean - I accomplished so much this summer, but not much had to do with business;) I look forward to the start of school, but know I'll miss them as soon as they go.

Anonymous said...

Your kids were Jedi warriors, mine were Night Elves and more on World of Warcraft..I'll be glad to see that game get a rest!