Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wedding Wednesday Throwing a frugal bridal shower

Since I will be the matron of honor at my sister's wedding, I will be in charge of throwing a bridal shower.

Most of the showers are here are held in resturants and usually there is a brunch sort of set-up. Or a buffet. I have been checking the prices and boy it is expensive when you add up all the cost. I am pretty sure we will be going down that road so I will need to save some extra money for it.

If I was going to throw it my way...

1. Rent a VFW type of hall
2. Find a small caterer or make several lasgnana style stuff casseroles.
3. Make my own favors (which we will probably do)
4. Shop around for frugal decorations


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have thrown my share of frugal parties! The right location can cut your costs, because you can spend less on decorations and more on things that matter. We had a co-ed bridal shower at a beach park- we BBQed, we played games that required little to no money to put together, and we didn't have to decorate. It was a blast. you can do the same with backyard, or restaurant. The more focus on the people, especially the bride to be, the better the memories anyway! All that other stuff doesn't really matter! (Unless you want to hire a chip n dale- thats a whole other deal...lol)

Mom2fur said...

My daughter is getting married next Spring, so I'll be looking into saving money on the shower, too! I'm all for doing it at home since it's a small wedding.
Don't forget about all the free printables you can get on line, too! Think of invitations, for example!

Admin said...

Great ideas. Invitations can be a huge cost of $100 plus if you use an invitation company. Something simple.