Saturday, December 23, 2006

2006 Financial Goal review


I thought I would review my 2006 Financial Goals since the end of the year is almost here.

Up DH 401k contribution to 15%. He is currently at 11%

Done! We bumped up his 401k contribution to 15% in October.


Continue to deposit $350 a month into a Roth IRA for me. This is done through automatic deducation

Done! Fully fund Roth for the 3rd year in a row.


$50 each, each month into kids 529 plans-automatic deduction

Done Automatic deducation is great to have


Home improvement-use tax returns for new windows

Windows were done in May! Only used 1/2 of the tax return for it. The rest went into savings.


Pay extra on the car

I haven't focused on this. My car got stolen in October but luckily returned in perfect condition 2 days later. I have 18 more months on the loan.


Open an extra saving account to deposit $250-$400 each month for Disney World trip in 2007.

We booked our trip in August for the Value Family suites. I wish Disney would know that families of 5 still like to budget. The family suites are still $200 plus a night. The budget is 6,000 for the trip. I got $4100 in my special account for this trip. Plane tickets are already paid for in cash that was a $1,000. I need to save $900 more dollars to make this an all cash trip!! Final payment is due in May

No comments: