Sunday, December 31, 2006
1. Continue funding DH 401k at 15%
2. Continue to deposit $350 a month into a Roth IRA for me. This is done through automatic deducation
3. Save $5,000 outside of retirement and college saving plans. This will help with a downpayment for a newer car for 2008 and/or bathroom remodel. Will attempt to do an automatic deduction for $220 each payday from hubby's check.
4. $50 each, each month into kids 529 plans-automatic deduction
5. Disney trip need an additional $1000 cash! Use tax return money (and money saved for self-employment taxes)
6. Excess tax return money will go towards new couches first and then some minor remodeling for our family room.
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Monday, December 25, 2006
Merry Christmas! Enjoy your days with your family and friends.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
I thought I would review my 2006 Financial Goals since the end of the year is almost here.
Up DH 401k contribution to 15%. He is currently at 11%
Done! We bumped up his 401k contribution to 15% in October.
Continue to deposit $350 a month into a Roth IRA for me. This is done through automatic deducation
Done! Fully fund Roth for the 3rd year in a row.
$50 each, each month into kids 529 plans-automatic deduction
Done Automatic deducation is great to have
Home improvement-use tax returns for new windows
Windows were done in May! Only used 1/2 of the tax return for it. The rest went into savings.
Pay extra on the car
I haven't focused on this. My car got stolen in October but luckily returned in perfect condition 2 days later. I have 18 more months on the loan.
Open an extra saving account to deposit $250-$400 each month for Disney World trip in 2007.
We booked our trip in August for the Value Family suites. I wish Disney would know that families of 5 still like to budget. The family suites are still $200 plus a night. The budget is 6,000 for the trip. I got $4100 in my special account for this trip. Plane tickets are already paid for in cash that was a $1,000. I need to save $900 more dollars to make this an all cash trip!! Final payment is due in May
Friday, December 22, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
Tues leftover meatloaf mixed in spaghetti sauce over noodles
Wed Ground turkey enchiladas
Thurs Soup and sandwiches
Fri Leftover ground turkey enchiladas