Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Cathy

Cathy is a frugal grandmother from New York.

What is your financial life?
I have been married to my husband for 30 years . I have a 19 year old son still at home and a 28 year old daughter, married with 1 son. My daughter and her husband lived with us for a few years while they got on their feet. We have a mortgage and a second mortgage. We also have credit card debt is that is approximately $6000. (Check out Tips to get out of debt) We are looking to retire in the next 5 years or so.

What is your budget buster?

Gas is getting so expensive. I have been really trying to watch my driving.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
I like a good bargain. I watch the sales, never pay for anything full price and often buy on clearance.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

I would put it towards our credit card debt. I feel that is hanging over my head.

What is your best resource for frugal living?
Using my own common sense is my best resource. There are a lot of great sites on the internet for learning about money and saving.

Thanks Cathy for sharing all of your story! Let us know if you would like to be profiled in the Frugal Five

No comments: