Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Sharon

Sharon is a single women in her mid 20s who is trying to make sense of her financial life.

What is your financial life?
I am currently renting an apartment with 2 roommates. I have been working for 3 years and have a 401k with $5000 and trying to pay off my student loans. I also have $4000 of credit card debt that I am trying to get serious about. I am not charging anything new on the credit cards.

What is your budget buster?
Weekends It is very easy to spend a lot of money each weekend. I am learning to say no though and suggest more quiet evening with friends. I am also taking my lunch to work each day as well.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Don't use credit cards-they have gotten me in a lot of trouble.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
The smart answer would be to put it towards my credit card debt, but the most realistic answer would be to blow it on a vacation.
What is your best resource for frugal living?
I started to read Debt-Proof Living: by Mary Hunt. I also subscribe to a few yahoo and msn frugal groups.

Let us know if you would like to be profiled in the Frugal Five

No comments: