Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What stay at home moms earn

Salary.com has come out with it's annual assesement. This year, they say the work of a stay-at-home mom would command an annual salary of more than $138,000 dollars. That's up about three percent from
last year at $135,000.

For working mothers outside the home, the amount is put at more than $85,000 dollars this year. That is on top of any money earned in the workplace.

Of course, it is priceless to be able to stay at home with your children. Make Staying Home With Your Kids a Reality: A Six Month Plan
is a good step by step plan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would a stay-at-home dad earn? In other words, why isn't it a "stay-at-home" parent?

Admin said...

Great point! I know Salary.com does focus on this for Mother's day each year. It would be the same I assume. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a very good question! Although really, I don't see why it would be different. Like said above, they do focus on this for Mother's Day.

But isn't this a neat idea? I featured this on our blog too. Although my question was ... why stop at the list of jobs they included? I know I added a few on my blog too! LOL!