It is a yard sale season! Sometimes called garage sales, tag sales or even rummage sales. It is all the same People looking to pick up bargains. Remember one mans trash is another person treasure. Here are some tips if you are going to have a yard sale
1. Start with a plan. Pick a date a few week in advanced. Weekends tend to the best days to have them. Saturdays over Sundays as most folks have more church and family obligations on Sunday morning. Open early. Most service yard sale shoppers like to see sales that open at 9am or earlier.
2. Check to see if there are restrictions in your area for having a yard sale. Some cities and towns may require a permit to have them. Also there are restrictions in some area about how many that you can have each year.
3. Advertise your yard sale. Run ads in local papers, run ads on www.craigslist.org other similar internet sites and put up flyers. Be specific about what sort of merchandise you have: clothing, antiques, whatever. You'll get the people who really want that stuff. Make sure you take down the signs after the yard sale.
4. Go through your house and decide what goes. If you haven't used it in two years, you can probably do not need it. But don't throw anything away. Even if you think it's junk, someone else collects it. If you are selling your children stuff, ask them before you sell as you do not want them to looking for it.
5. Be organized .Organize the merchandise, putting like with like, so shoppers can fund what they're looking for. If you're selling clothing, put it on a rack or string up a clothesline and hang it for people to see. Also make sure you are put prices on items. Have change and shopping bags available as well!
6. If you are towards the end of the day and just want to get rid of everything. Have a fill a bag for a $1.00 or what ever price that you see suitable. If it doesn’t sell, give it away to charity. You could also post it towards the end of the day on your local freecycle group.
Ebay auction tips! As a result Alex was able quit his job in construction and become a full time online entrepreneur. The money he earned was more than 3 times his old salary.