Saturday, July 07, 2007

Disney 50s Prime Time Cafe review

If you enjoy comfort food, you will enjoy the 50s Prime time cafe at Disney MGM studios located near the Indiana Jones Stunt Show.

Our first night at Disney world, we had made advanced dining reservations for the the 50's Prime time dinner. Even though we had reservations, we still needed to wait about 15 minutes and they were turning away people at the door for walk-in. The waiting room/bar had couches that you could rest your weary legs on.

"Mom" is in the kitchen cooking the food while your Aunts are the servers. Black and White TVs play in the background. When calling you to your table, OK Smith kids time to eat. And my 8 year old had to set the table!

Our "Auntie Jen" review the rules of dinning there. No elbows on the table and you must eat your vegetables or no desert.

Since we were on the Disney Dinning plan, we were able to order Appetizer, Entree and Dessert.

My husband got the Beer Battered Onion Rings and I ordered the Shrimp Cocktail for my 8 year old for my appetizer. The  younger ones  each got the salad which I ate and my 8 DS got the chicken noodle soup.

For the dinner portion the kids menu includes chicken nuggets, hot dog, mac and cheese. All 3 chose something different. They ate them up. However the chicken nuggets didn't look all that good. My husband and I both got the meatloaf. It was truly comfort food with the mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans were on the side.

As for drinks, the boys had the choice of milk, bottled water or juice. They all got milk. Hubby got a root beer and I got a diet coke. We got several refills during our meal.

The kids menu had the choice of fruit salad or ice cream sundae. Guess what they got-ice cream. It was in a waffle bowl cone which they loved! My husband got the angel food cake with fruit and I got the huge brownie sundae that I think I took 2 bites of since I was so full.

We really enjoyed this resturant for the nostaglia and almost consider it a "Dinner show". It was fun and a nice way to celebrate our first night in Disney.  Need to tips to save money at

No comments: