Monday, July 02, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Darren

Darren is hitting the big 30 this week and is a single guy from Indiana

What is your financial life?

I am single, no kids. I had rented an apartment but I, moved back in with my parents to save up for a sizable down payment on a townhouse or condo. I had 18k+ credit card debt, but now it's down to about 5k. I make a little under 30k a year.

What is your budget buster?
Video games! I'm a gamer. I gotta have the latest games.


What is your favorite money saving tip?
Eh, don't really have any saving tips. Just don't live above your means. Saving money was never my problem. I just didn't pay attention to my credit cards. I let it get out of control and I always just paid the minimum. But I've always been good at saving.


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

I would pay off more credit card debt

What is your best resource for frugal living?

http://www.savingadvice.com/ is great resource. Just reading the forums has helped me alot. Especially threads about the online banks
and their rates with the money market accounts. I'm going to open up one next week

No comments: