Monday, July 09, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn is a single mom who has recently gotten on the frugal bandwagon and runs an Ameriplan business which helps people cut down on their healthcare costs.

What is your financial life?
I am single mom and I work full-time and have a part-time business. My biggest bills are rent and child care because I choose to live with my parents in order to save some money to live out on my own and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah.

What is your budget buster?
My budget buster right now is child care. It is expensive.

What is your favorite money saving tip?

PAY YOURSELF FIRST! What I do is Direct Deposit $150 a paycheck towards savings and then I budget with the money I have leftover to pay fixed and flexible Expenses. I also recommend an FSA (flexible spending account) if you or your children are always sick because that Saves you 20-30% before Taxes to pay for Co-pays and misc Medical Expenses.


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
What I would do with an extra $1000 is use part of it for my business to build it and increase my Income; Open a Savings Account for my Daughter and then Save the rest towards Emergency Expenses.


What is your best resource for frugal living?
Well, from a referral from a Friend I use http://www.savingadvice.com/ as a great resource for Saving Money with the help of their Website and their Partner sites and their Money Saving blogs as helped me out ALOT! I also love http://www.stretcher.com/. It has some great money Saving Tips as well.

Let us know if you would like to be profiled in the Frugal Five

No comments: