Monday, August 13, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Story Girl

Story Girl is wife, a teacher, and a writer is sharing her frugal journey at My Money and My Life
and shares some more frugal resources

What is your financial life?

I'm recently married (1 year now!) to a grad student and I'm a teacher.
Together we have an almost respectable income, which I leverage as best I
can into repaying student loan debt and building up savings


What is your budget buster?
We eat out much too often. What can I say, we really love food.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Call your cable and Internet companies every few months and see if they
can give you a better deal or promotion. It saves you money every month
for almost no effort.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
I would probably put half of it toward paying down student loan debt, one
quarter of it into our investment account, and spend the other $250 on
stockpiling groceries and buying household items that will save us money
later.

What is your best resource for frugal living?
I could read The Tightwad Gazette every year for the rest of my life and
still keep finding new things in it.

No comments: