Sunday, August 19, 2007

Frugal Meal planning Aug 19th

This week is a pantry challenge week as we are on a very tight budget right now. Also,my cupboards are very full so yesterday I only picked up some bananas, apples, milk and a steak to get us through this week. It is nice to walk out of the grocery store only $20 spent!! My garden is overflowing!!

Sun Steak, fries fries, zuchini and peppers

Mon Lipton Asian pad thai noodles with chicken This was to be served last Friday but we had tuna melts instead. (trying to getting rid of my 40 cans of tuna) Chicken will be from the freezer

Tues Tuna noodle casserole - you will see tuna a lot in the next few weeks!!

Wed Pork Chops (got 2 weeks ago on discount meat put immediately in the freezer), mashed potatos,
tomato and cucumber salad

Thurs Leftover tuna noodle casserole

Fri Pasta, ground turkey and sauce

Sat Homemade pizza

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a lot of us cooking with tuna this week, can you spare a can? lol

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Looks like a tasty week! I love those $20 grocery trips; I wish I had them more often! Here is a suggestion for tuna - cut up some tomatoes and mix them with tuna, lettuce (we like mixed greens), and chopped black olives. Then put italian dressing over all of it and let it sit and chill. It's really good, really fast, and really healthy.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I love tuna casserole.
Enjoy the savings you have worked hard for with your garden. Plus those garden fresh vegetables can't be beat!
Barb's Fridge
SFO Mom

Anonymous said...

wow--40 cans of tuna? That is a lot!! delicious week you are going to have :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are rising to the challenge. I like weeks where I know I only have to pick up a few things as well.