Monday, September 10, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Stephanie

Stephanie is a frugal grandmother from Ohio

What is your financial life?
I have been married to my husband for 27 years . I have a 19 year old son still at home and a 24 year old daughter, married with 1 girl who is currently living with us. We have a mortgage that still has 11 year left on it . We also have credit card debt is that is approximately $3000 and a monthly car loan of $276. (Check out Tips to get out of debt) We are looking to retire in the next 5 years or so. My husband is a union carpenter. I worked out of the house for 10 years and recently stopped working so I could help with watching my grandaughter. My daughter is currently getting a divorce so we are trying to help have her get back on her feet emotionally and finanacially.

What is your budget buster?

My granddaughter I love to spoil her rotten. I know I need to cut back.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
I make sure I watch for the sales.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

I would put it towards our credit card debt. I really want to make sure I got this debt paid off.

What is your best resource for frugal living?
I read alot of message boards on financial living.

Thanks Stephanie for sharing all of your story! Let us know if you would like to be profiled in the Frugal Five

No comments: