Monday, November 05, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Jill

Jill is a frugal mom from Wisconsin

What is your financial life?

I am a single mom to 2 teenage boys. I have been divoreced from their Dad for 5 years. We share joint custody. I am a accountant for a local accounting firm. Luckily, I am able to work from home a few days a week. I downsized from 3 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom condo last spring. I really don't have time to do the yard work. I am pretty good financial shape by living below my means.


What is your budget buster?

Have you feed two teenage boys lately! They eat me out of house and home.

What is your favorite money saving tip?

I try not to buy on impulse. Since I don't have a life partner to bounce ideas off of, I wait before making any purchase of more than $50.


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

While not exactly frugal, I would take my best friend and me away for a girls spa weekend.

What is your best resource for frugal living?

I really enjoy Money Magazine and their money makeovers.

No comments: