Monday, November 19, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Sharona

Sharona is frugal mom of 2 teenage girls from San Antonio Texas

What is your financial life?

My husband and I have recently settled down in Texas after many years of many places. I am originally from California and we have lived all over south and west coast. My husband has been in technical sales and makes a decent income. I am a teacher by trade but due to us moving around I am currently working as an instructional aide in the resource room at the local school. I am hoping to get my foot in the door. My husband makes over six figures and we have been luckily living on his salary. However, we have two teenage girls that we need to cash flow college for. We do have a mortgage however no credit card debt and our 2 cars are paid off.

What is your budget buster?

My husband thinks just because we earn it, we should spend it.

What is your favorite money saving tip?

Pay yourself first and stick to it. I try to save as many as I can from my job and put it in to college savings or retirement at this time.



If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

Save it!! And hide it from my husband.


What is your best resource for frugal living?

I enjoy many message boards geared towards living a frugal lifestyle. I want to make sure we have enough for college and retirement. My husband is all spend spend spend and I look for tips, suggestions on how to make him understand that we need to save.

No comments: