Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008 financial goals

Here are my 2008 financial goals

1) Continue to fund husband 401k to 15%

2) Increase monthly contribution to Roth $400 a month

3) $100 a month each (total $300) towards 529 for 2 sons and a mutual fund account for my 3rd son

4) Do estate planning

5) Big purchase a new used car. My husband's mini van is now 12 years old with 106,000 miles. This will probably be in the middle of the year. My 3 yr car loan will be done in June. I do not want to do a monthly payment of more than $250. We will use tax refunds plus my self employment tax savings (I save 25% of all of my money just in case) for the downpayment.

6) New couch We need them big time now.. just waiting for some sales.

7) Save $200 a month towards bathroom remodel for 2009

2 comments:

SingleGuyMoney said...

106,000 miles for a 12 yr old vehicle is not bad at all. Not sure if you are having problems with it or if you can drive it a little longer. This way you can save up and pay cash.
Can the bathroom remodel hold off a little while too?

Anonymous said...

We got back and forth on the car however we do want to be prepared just in case. It is getting older and not in the best shape.