Monday, December 17, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Caroline

Caroline is a frugal single women in her mid 30s from Rhode Island

What is your financial life?
I was married in my early 20s and divoreced by 30. My ex-husband was very controlling of money and it often caused stress between us. I purchased a condo 3 years ago-luckily I was smart enough to do a 30 year fixed rate. It is my largest expense but I can well afford it. I work as a financial analyst for a mutual fund company. I am currently going to my MBA at the URI. I do have some credit card debt I am still trying to pay off

What is your budget buster?
Going out with friends on the weekend. I am trying not to drink as much and do more potlucks suppers with some friends.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Stay out of the store. I am a reformed shopalic I realized I don't need 50 pairs of shoes (yes I did have that many at once time and they were not the payless type)

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
I would put it towards my credit card.

What is your best resource for frugal living?
Mary Hunt's
Debt-Proof Living: got my off my shopping habit and made me realize that I need to start thinking about money.

No comments: