Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Frugal Five Meet Mary

Mary is a frugal mom from Pennsylvania in her late 30s

What is your financial life?
I am married have been for 10 years. My husband and I have 1 son age 8. We have recently remodelled our kitchen and bathroom in the house we bought a few years back. Luckily it is a 30 year fixed mortgage with a good rate. My husband works the family business which is commmerical painting. I work part-time in a local insurance office for the past 2 years.

What is your budget buster?
Groceries, utilities and gas . Both are getting higher and higher. Seems no matter how I try to cut back, conserve, etc. I am spending more and more.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Bring your own lunch to work! This is a huge money saver for my husband and me. You can easily spend between $6.00-$9.00 on lunch a day.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
Since we have recently remodelled, I would like to add the finishing touches.


What is your best resource for frugal living?
My favorites places for saving money are www.hotcouponworld.com and www.savingadvice.com

If you would like to be profiled send an email to info @ budgetdial.com

No comments: