Monday, March 26, 2012

Frugal dinner planning week of Mar 25th

Last week the craziness was still here, karate and basketball and then dealing with my Dad in the rehab hospital. It is closer takes me 15 minutes to get there and I am home by most nights at 8:30pm.  All in all, we ate at home due to having a meal plan except for one lunch on Friday that was a date with my husband.   We had that for free. One of my husband's vendors gave him a gift certificate for $30 for a lunch place. They had a get a sandwich, salad and a soda for 11.99 which I got and then my husband got the fish and chips for 10.99.     That kept me full until dinner time at 9pm that night.

We have soccer for 2 kids starting this week and also a basketball tournament.

chicken and broccoli stir-fry Here is the meal plan for the week 

Sunday  Steak, roasted butternut squash fries  and green beans 

Monday   Italian sausage with veggies (onions, peppers and summer squash) with pasta and sauce. This will probably have enough leftovers for 2 lunches for me. 

Tuesday  Chicken and broccoli stir fry over rice 

Wednesday Chili over baked potatoes 

Thursday  broccoli quiche with oven roasted potatoes 

Friday Fend for your self night or sandwiches ... Momma is going out with the girls.   

Saturday  Hubby and I are going out with 2 other couples to a local play. We plan on meeting for dinner before hand.   Will make some pizza for the kids. 

Are you looking for even more menu ideas check out  Monday meal plans at organizing junkie  

No comments: