Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Easy and Frugal Homemade Dog food

This post brought to you by homemadedogfood.com. All opinions are 100% mine.

My husband’s family is a really big dog family.  My husband grew up with dogs since he was a baby.  I never had a dog growing up, so you have dog person and a non dog person married.  Well, you become a dog person.  We have had a dog for 14 years now, called King a beautiful golden retriever.    Over the years I have become a dog lover plus my own sons love them.
My sister in law who has 4 dogs including 2 pugs,  and 2 labs got into making Homemade dog food a few years back.   She said she really likes doing that to be able to control what is going into their diet plus she says it is budget friendly!  Well being a frugal mom,  you know I like to save money.
The number one reason I initially thought about making my own dog food was for cost savings. Coming in close for reasons to make your own dog food are all of the dog food recall scares, as well as simply wanting to provide my dog the least processed foods.   I found an easy recipe that I can bulk cook and then simply feed  to my  dog King!
I found  an Easy cooked dog food recipe   that has step by step instructions that I can  bulk cook and simply feed to my dog King.   After you make it, you can store the food in the freezer and take it out using as needed.  From there, you add the supplements before serving the Homemade dog food to your dog. Without  the supplements, this recipe is essentially a meat loaf and will result in multiple nutritional deficiency diseases.  This recipe makes approximately 48 cups of dog food.  For a small dog (10 lbs or less), this recipe will yield approximately 96 days worth of food. For a GIANT dog (approximately 80 lbs), this recipe will yield approximately 12 days worth of food. With the added supplements,  For my dog King (40 pounds) it will get me almost a month of food!
King as a puppy
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments: