Friday, October 12, 2012

Frugal Five Meet Faith from Washington


Faith is a working mom from Spokane Washington  that within the last year gotten her act together financially.

What is your financial life?
I am a 42 year old mom and have 2 teen age boys  13 and 15 years old.  I have been married for  just over 16 years to my husband.  My husband has worked with computers for years and I have worked odd part time jobs over the years primarily in retail.  We were introduced to Financial Peace University at our church and I really pushed my husband to start taking these classes with me because   I didn’t feel like we were getting any place financially since we were living paycheck to paycheck.  It has  been a year this month since we started this and I can not believe how much easier our finances have become (seriously loathe using even my debit card)  since I got on a budget and I could breathe better.

What is your budget buster?
We were spending so much money on  eating out.   Since I have worked retail, I would often have my husband and the boys order a pizza  or grab McDonalds.    I would eat out at the food court in the mall.  

What is your favorite money saving tip?
When we were doing our budget at our first financial peace university session, someone mentioned their crockpot for their busy lifestyle.   I thought crockpots were for the 1970s.  If  I am working  a swing shift now I will put chicken or a pot roast in the crockpot.  I have also started doing some bulk cooking. I now bring my meals to work and use their microwave.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
Since  I do Dave Ramsey’s  plan and we are in baby step 3 I would put it towards my emergency fund.   


What is your best resource for frugal living?
I joined Dave Ramsey’s site and also follow llnoe.com  which is  live like no one else.   It keeps me on track when I visit it 2-3 times a week.  If you have the opportunity to take Financial peace university I highly recommend it!

No comments: