Friday, October 26, 2012

Frugal Five Meet Heather from Maine


Heather is a recent stay at home mom of 2 from Maine 

What is your financial life?
I am married with 2 kids. My son was born 3 months ago and we have decided that I will be a stay at home mom for a while to be with him, so we really only have 1 income coming in now.  .   We own 2 cars  clear  and a house in Maine . We have stayed away from establishing any credit card debt.


What is your budget buster?
My husband and I have tried to live on one income since I found out I was pregnant with my son.   We are trying not to go out to eat and go crazy with our spending after we have been accostumed to 2 incomes


What is your favorite money saving tip?
I highly recommend making a grocery shopping list and sticking to it!  Clip all the coupons you can and use them when the item is on sale. It also doesn't hurt if your grocery store will double or triple coupons! 


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

I would put it into my emergency  savings account to use for a rainy day


What is your best resource for frugal living?
I am a big fan of  Mary Hunt’s debt free living philosophy  and her living within your means.   She has a new book out that I would recommend for anyone trying to stop living paycheck to paycheck and running up their credit cards. 

No comments: