Monday, July 08, 2013

Cheap Dinner planning week of July 8th

We had a great 4th!  We ended up going away for a few days with some friends last minute since I only had one son at home.  It wasn't necessarily frugal but well needed.  I was also away from the computer which is kind of nice.   I got all 3 boys home this week! 


Please follow me on facebook where I share a ton of deals and coupons  Stop by and say hello! https://www.facebook.com/MommaAndTheBoysLivingOnABudget

Frugal ways to have a cheap summer with the kids-here are some of our tips 


Sunday  Pizza on the grill-keeps the house cool 

Monday        Turkey sausages,  pasta salad  


Tuesday       Sandwiches  we are doing an outdoor movie  


Wednesday   Pork chops, baked spinach cassorole


Thursday      Grilled chicken over salads . 


Friday    Using the leftover grilled chicken for wraps, roasted potatos 


Saturday  pizza on the grill  


Are you looking for even more menu ideas check out  Monday meal plans at organizing 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've heard that pizza on the grill is really good, but I've never done it. Are there any special "tips" on how to do it? I'm concerned that the dough might stick to the grill.

Admin said...

if we are doing frozen pizza, I just add spray to the grill. If I am doing fresh dough I will put some reynolds wrap undernearth. Both are yummy!

Carissa Houston said...

Pizza on the grill is a really good idea! And I didn't realize people were using precooked dough -- I would have had a big mess down the grates! Thanks for the tip on the foil! We have homemade pizza every Sat but it's been 106+ here so adding a 500 degree oven on for over an hour is not good for my electric bill. Thanks again for the great ideas!