Tuesday, October 11, 2005

10 things you should never buy new

10 things you shouldn't buy new is a good article on msn finance pages.

Books!
We use our library all the time. We can reserve books online for new best sellers. Half.com or Amazon are are great places to get deals.

DVDs, CDs and videos
We occassionally will buy DVDs but for the most part they are used. I do sometimes pick up the latest kiddie movie because I know we will watch it many many times. I don't remember the last time I bought a CD for me. I may get some as a Christmas gift.

Little kids' toys
Rarely buy them used but I know I should. We have a great consignment store down the road that has great toys.


Some other things not be buy used. jewelry, cars, video games, office furniture, handtools.



Places like www.freecyle.org and www.craigslist.org often have items for free and or for a good deal. Buying used can save you a lot of money over your lifetime.

Enjoy your savings.

Theresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would add to your list "automobiles" since they lose something like 10 percent of their value the moment you drive them off the dealer lot, and another 20 to 30 percent in the first year.