Thursday, October 20, 2005

Spicy Black Bean Soup

It is a little chilly here this morning and I am thinking of warm soups.  I love Black beans and soup so I wanted to make my favorite soup.

I like Spicy Black bean soup- really easy to make.
2 cans of black beans, (you could use beans in a bag but I am never good with doing that)
2 can of chicken broth,(use low sodium)
1 can diced tomatos (used fresh if you have it)
diced onion
2 can of water.
Add spices like garlic, chili spice

If you want a southwestern flair add chipolte and corn!

Pour everything in the a large  pot except for 1 can of beans. Put those beans into the food processor and make mush.  Add the those bean in and let simmer on the stove. .

Very good, filling and healthy!Since I work at home this is the perfect lunchtime food for me. I love to be able to make a large batch on a Monday and then eat it through  out the week.





1 comment:

Armchair Cook said...

I really enjoy your blog! I got a receipe from my mom for a black bean soup similar to this, and 5 minutes or so before she adds the juice of 1/2 an orange and some orange zest. (Or you can use 1/4 cup orange juice, but we prefer to buy fresh oranges because they're healthier and cheaper.) It adds a nice crisp, sweet flavor to the soup. Just thought I'd pass it on because we're addicted to it at my house!