Sunday, February 12, 2006

Money Sickness Syndrome

The physical symptoms of Money Sickness Syndrome can include palpitations, shortness of breath and headaches, a 'tight' feeling in the stomach, nausea and diarrhoea, indigestion, a lack of appetite and poor sleep.

I have been there and done that. Right after  my youngests were   born, we were really struggling to get pay our bills. I left a good paying part-time career and my husband income wasn't covering the bills. I felt like I was robbing Peter to pay Paul. I felt sick to my stomach anytime I thought about money. My mother was keeping us supplied in diapers and my father slipped me a $20 each week that was almost our food budget. "Buy something for the kids" he would say.

Our savings almost went down to nil. Luckily, my business picked up, I was able to budget better and I became a "home executive" where my main job was to stretch the dollars coming in.

Read more about Money Stress

2 comments:

Wild Widow said...

thank goodness you had savings.

we had no savings. hand to mouth for years. thank god we lived in the country, and my husband could hunt. venison was our main source of protein.

i anguish for those living in the city, especially with the republicans in power. thousands of children will die of starvation and illness.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.