Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pantry Challenge week 1 results

With my pantry challenge this week and next... I had a limit of $20 that I wanted to spend. I came close and would have made it if my husband didn't decide he needed his ice cream. Came to $22.19.

I bought 2 gallons of milk, bananas, salad mix, peanut butter, bread and a gallon of ice cream.

Usually grocery spending is anywhere between $60-$90 a week depending upon what is on sale. I try to stock up on loss leaders (ie good deals) I haven't do a real pantry challenge in a while.

I am going to do this next week as well! We got plently of food in the fridge.

Enjoy your savings!

1 comment:

The Frugal Place said...

I love using a pantry and having a challenge once in a while to make it stretch as long as possible. We find we eat more creatively when we do it. :)

Love your blog!
--Donna
www.thefrugalplace.com