Monday, September 17, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Annie

Annie is a frugal mom from Kentucky.

What is your financial life?


I am a stay at home mom to 4 daughters 16,13, 8 and 3. My husband is gone a lot because he is a long haul truck driver. I am trying to save money to return to college when my youngest goes to school. My goal is to save $10,000 in 2 years. What this means is cutting out about a quarter of my spending. I have a budget of about $1700 to maintain the household..that is everything except the the normal bills and mortgage It sounds like a lot of money but this is clothes, food, gas, school lunches, etc. etc. I want to cut out convenience spending. I think cutting out fast food, driving kids places etc. will do this. I am also encouraging my daughters to get a job so they can pay for their own clothes and entertainment.

What is your budget buster?
I like to shop. I love to get my girls all dressed up in pretty clothes.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Stay out of the store!! If I don't go to the store, I don't spend. I am trying to drive less and walk more!

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
I would put it towards my schooling


What is your best resource for frugal living?
I read just about any frugal living book out there. I have to say Frugal Living for Dummies has been a great resource for me. Living on less than you make is the bottom line!

No comments: