Monday, October 01, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Jennie

Jenni is a stay at home mom from Nebraska and blogs about being a mom and parenting 3 young girls at http://ourlifewith3girls.blogspot.com/

What is your financial life?

I am a SAHM of 3 girls ages 3 1/2 yrs, 2 yrs & 2 months! my husband works 2 part time jobs and has his own business. Apart from the business debt (which doesn't affect our household budget, thank goodness!) we have our mortgage and a little credit card debt on a 0% interest card.

What is your budget buster?
My trips to Target! It is amazing what I can walk out of that store with! Really if I don't watch my spending at any store, our debt would skyrocket.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Shop sales and use coupons, especially at CVS and Wal-mart. It's amazing the things you can get for REALLY low prices at these places on things you always use (toiletries and cleaning supplies)!
Also, don't go shopping and especially don't buy things you don't NEED! When we had our baby a few months ago, it was c-section so I wasn't able to drive myself anywhere for a few weeks. It's amazing how low our main credit card bill was that month. It has opened my eyes on how many things I buy that we don't NEED and I'm now more committed to spending less and trying to get us back on our budget.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
I'd pay off our other credit card so we could start saving more.

What is your best resource for frugal living?
An awesome website is HotCouponWorld.com it helps you find good deals and how to pair up the sales with coupons to get an even better deal and they are all at stores that most of us have in our area! I also like to search for blogs that offer tips on saving money

No comments: