Monday, December 03, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Lisa

Lisa is a frugal mom to be from South Carolina who runs run a 6 year old collie educational portal, rescue directory, and merchandise store. They can be found at www.CollieDogOwners.com, www.CollieShop.com, and www.CollieRescue.us

What is your financial Life?

My name is Lisa, I am 25 years old and have lived in mid South Carolina my whole life. I have been married since June of '06 and we are expecting our first child on May 6, 2008. During our first year of marriage we both worked full time and racked up some serious credit card debt. We have finally gotten our finances straight - we currently have 1 year left to pay on both of our cars (a 2004 and 2006), we own our home, we don't use credit cards (as of Nov. 06) and we're down to one income since my layoff in October 2007.

What is your budget buster?

Our biggest budget busters is the high price of gas! We try to use our economical gas saving car most of the time now that I don't work.


What is your favorite money saving tip?

Favorite? I have a LOT! But my favorite would be - STAY OUT OF THE STORE. If you aren't there, you can't buy it.


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

Send it to the credit card. We have 3000 left to pay off out of the 11k we owed at the start of the year. After that we will be "unsecured debt" free!


What is your best resource for frugal living?

My best resources for frugal living are savingadvice.com forums, fatwallet.com (for when i MUST buy online) and hillbillyhousewife.com

No comments: