Friday, December 30, 2005

Looking back 2005 financial resolutions

I posted this at the saving advice forums last year and wanted to do a check in here


We have two big purchases planned for 2005 year.

1) a new mini van. My mini van is now 9 years old. We had to put money into it. We will be buying a van several years old I have been putting some money aside for a downpayment on the car. I need to keep on adding to that each week. I hate to have a car payment but we probably will have to. I don't want anything over $200 a month

We did this!! We bought a 2001 Chrylser Town and Country for $13,995 and our monthly payment is $240 a month for 3 years.

2) New windows The house has been needing them the last 2 years.
Windows should be able to pay in cash from our tax return. My father who is a general carpenter and hubby will do that so it will just the product and some home cooked dinners for my Dad.

It didn't happen. I wasn't able to save enough extra money towards the car. So I am waiting doing the windows this year. More of a want vs a need and I do not do credit.
Ongoing...
Continuing to contribute money into hubby's 401k of atleast 10%. Add my contribution of $3k to a Roth IRA.

Done and done! We upped Dh contribution to 11% over the summer. I have $300 each month taken out from our checking to go to a Roth..
Other smaller goals is to use what is in the house, declutter a lot. Get rid of the baby stuff either by donating to my twin group, freecycle or a yard sale.

I did this! Lots of stuff got donated via my twin group or freecycle plus I got some good freebies back.


No comments: