Saturday, June 17, 2006

First jobs and life lessons

This week's question from the WAHM Bloggers is: What was your first job and what life lessons did it teach you?

I did have a paper route for several years delivering a local morning paper. I enjoyed the $15 I made each week from that. It was hard work, I need to be dependable, be able to write bills and collect money. I remember one family refused to pay at all. I had to get tough because if they didn't pay I didn't get paid. I stopped their subscription then. All these years later I don't remember if they did pay up or not. However when I walk by their beautiful house, I still wince. It taught me if you owe money, pay it up. It made me be responsible as well.

My first real job was boring and I only last a few months. I was barely 15 years old and got a job at the library being a library page. I worked for minimum wage which I think was $3.35 an hour. Basically my job was putting back returned library books. Plus I had creepy boss that lurked around. A little strange. Life lessons Do something that you enjoy or work will really become a chore. Co-workers can make or break a work environment. I had one older Jewish librarian yell at me because I wished her Merry Christmas. I had no idea that she was Jewish and was trying to be friendly. 20 years later I remember that clearly.

I would love to hear other first jobs as well!

1 comment:

Admin said...

Thank you for participating in Work at home mom bloggers QOTW What was your first job and what life lessons did it teach you?


Wahm reveal first jobs and life lessons