Saturday, June 24, 2006

Going to the chapel Destination Weddings

As I mentioned last week, my sister is getting married. I will be making some posts about budgeting for a wedding. money stress that comes from planning a wedding and about being a wedding guest.

It was very timely that Michele Singletary writes
Here comes the bride! Can the guest afford a faraway wedding since my sister and I have been chatting about her wedding plans and destination wedding came up! I immediately said Disney World since we could kill two birds with 1 stick (we are planning a trip to Disney next year)

She has casually mentioned in the past that she wants a small intimate wedding but with the size of our and his extended families (only to first cousins) that is over 100 people. 100 people isn't an intimate wedding plus there are friends that they would both like to invite. So planning a destination wedding would be logical to help cut down the guest list.

My sister hasn't decided what she wants to do yet as far as a wedding or even a date. I told her that if she chose a destination wedding, my family and I would be there with bells on. It would mean some additional frugal living but I would do that for my sister. For other friends or extended family, I don't think I would do that.

No comments: