Sunday, July 01, 2007

2007 Financial Goals Mid-year review

Since we just went past the half-way point of the year, I wanted to do a check-in!

1. Continue funding DH 401k at 15%
We are doing this

2. Continue to deposit $350 a month into a Roth IRA for me. This is done through automatic deducation
We are doing this!
3. Save $5,000 outside of retirement and college saving plans. This will help with a downpayment for a newer car for 2008 and/or bathroom remodel. Will attempt to do an automatic deduction for $220 each payday from hubby's check.

Nope... I really need to get going on this.

4. $50 each, each month into kids 529 plans-automatic deduction

All set! I may stop contributing to my son's account who has autism and have the money set aside for his living expenses when he gets older. He will probably never go to college or live on his own. It will probably be in a special needs trust.

5. Disney trip need an additional $1000 cash! Use tax return money (and money saved for self-employment taxes)

All set!!

6. Excess tax return money will go towards new couches first and then some minor remodeling for our family room.

We have done the remodeling in our family room. We added barn board this past spring. It cost $2,000 but it really helped shape up the family room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice progress. I find automatic deductions are a great help in meeting savings goals. Good luck on catching up on the remaining ones.

Admin said...

Thanks! I am really need to get my savings up. Pay yourself first is a good principle and one that I need to do more.