Monday, July 16, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Lynn

Lynn is a frugal stay at home mom in Oregon who is blogging about her journey at www.beingfrugal.net She is also part of the Frugal Folks group


What is your finanical life?

I am married with two kids, and we
live in beautiful Oregon. I'm a SAHM, and my husband works in sales. He's new to
his current job, so we're not completely sure where we stand as far as
income goes at the moment (that's kind of scary, isn't it?). It's a
commission based job, so our income will vary from month to month. We
rent, so we don't have to worry about a mortgage. Our credit card plus student
loan debt equals a little less than $10,000. I hope to have that paid
off by July of next year. Then we will be completely debt-free!


What is your budget buster?
It's definitely eating out. I'm not particularly fond of cooking, and I tend not to plan ahead
sometimes. I find myself calling my husband and asking him to bring home dinner a little too often.

What is your favorite money saving tip?

Wait at least 24 hours before buying
something that's not necessary. I can be pretty impulsive, and I've found
that if I make myself wait to buy things, the impulse often passes.


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
I'd put it toward our debt.


What is your best resource for frugal living?
There are so many, it's hard to choose. I like
anything
by Dave Ramsey and Mary Hunt. I also love the cookbook Cheap. Fast. Good!
Besides recipes, there are tons of tips for saving money on your grocery
budget.

No comments: