Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Driving a million miles

We only have 106k miles on our 1996 Dodge Caravan so I was completely in awe when I read about the Million Mile Truck

Frank Oresnik of Catawba made national news when his 1991 Silverado was about 1,200 miles short of the milestone. He reached it last Friday near Fond du Lac. Chevy’s public relations and advertising people filmed the occasion. He credits regular maintenance for the truck’s long life. It’s had about 300 oil changes between business trips.


I would have to say Frank's middle name is frugal! Most people would give up or need to trade-up. Many people who are Car rich cash poor could take a lesson on how Frank is spending his money.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is really impressive! I am taking my car in for it's 90K mile tune up and I hope it lasts another 90K. Even though I want a new car, I can't bring myself to make the payment.

Admin said...

90k is nothing on a car these days. I am hoping some more miles out of my husband's current van.