Monday, February 18, 2008

Frugal Five Meet Single Guy

Single Guy is from Atlanta, GA who is trying to fix his past money mistakes and has a goal of paying off his non-mortgage debt by December 2009. He shares his informative financial journey at www.singleguymoney.com

What is your financial life?

I am single, 30 years old with no kids. I have a mortgage on my primary home and a mortgage on my rental property. I do have one income and rental income. I have no credit card debt besides current month charges that will be paid in full next month.


What is your budget buster?

My biggest budget busters are eating out. I used to eat out every day and
sometimes twice a day. I am now starting to take my lunch to work and I am
already noticing the difference in my budget.


What is your favorite money saving tip?

My favorite money saving tip is not paying bank fees. I make sure all my
bank accounts are free to use and maintain. A monthly bank fee may not seem
like a lot but it certainly adds up.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

If I had an extra $1000, I would use it to reduce the principal balance on
my car loan. This is the debt I am currently working to pay off.


What is your best resource for frugal living?

My best resource for frugal living is maintaining my personal finance blog @
www.singleguymoney.com. Maintaining a finance blog helps keep me
"accountable". I am also a member of the M-Network which is a network of
personal finance blogs that have joined forces to bring readers the best
content possible. There are a total of 9 blogs in the network. The M-Network
can be viewed at: http://www.moolanomy.com/m-network.

No comments: