Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Easy Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese


A good easy side dish is Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese.   I remember when we first got married and there was no internet I pulled some recipe for homemade mac and cheese off a box of pasta.  It was terrible with lots of flour.  We went back to the Kraft Macaroni and cheese in the blue box.   A few years ago, I found a recipe for easy mac and cheese in my favorite invention the crockpot.  This crock pot recipe saves you time, makes little to no mess and tastes so good! You ,normally you have to boil your pasta and then use other bowls! 

 Easy Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese


2 cups of dry whole wheat elbow macaroni or pasta
1 can of evaporated Milk
1 can of chicken broth
2 cups of shredded cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar and sometimes Colby jack)
Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix them to make sure all dry ingredients

Pour ingredients into crockpot
Cook on low for 4 hours and  then let sit for a few hours

I have often added in ham and broccoli during the last hour of cooking to make this a full meal. Yummy!
  

No comments: