Monday, December 10, 2012

Frugal meal planning week of December 9th

Two week from Today it it will be Christmas eve I got most of my shopping done.  A few things here and there to fill out baskets etc.    We had a nice surprise party for my brother in law at a local restaurant  nice to hang and chill out with him.   Sunday was fun  my local town does a Christmas in the square event where the local shops and organizations have different activities. My oldest was doing a karate demo  and the younger two were serving clam chowder for cub scouts.   We did get a chance to walk around and enjoy some of the festivities   
Sign up for free 1 week trial 

Sunday Pizza  ( I needed something fast and easy) 

Monday  Pulled Pork using just root bear and BBQ sauce.   My husband's "work wife"  tells him this is the best way to make it.   I will do this over pototos and green beans.   

Tuesday  Pulled Pork sandwiches 

Wednesday  For our soup night we will be doing Italian Pasta and bean soup. I got the recipe off of a can of crushed tomatoes   I made it once last year and it was a hit.   Inside of regular dry  pasta you use tortellini  


Thursday chicken and pasta 

Friday  Fish Tacos 

Saturday Homemade pizza   




Are you looking for even more menu ideas check out  Monday meal plans at organizing junky  And if you a frugal blogger please join thrifty thursday linkup!

4 comments:

Table4Five said...

I'm doing pulled pork this week too. I usually just cook the pork in the crockpot until it's tender, then shred it and put it back in with bbq sauce. Do you use the root beer instead of water?

Admin said...

Yes we are subbing the root beer for water. It smells absolutely great so I am hoping it tastes as good as it smells.

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

I've never done pulled pork. What type of meat do you use?

Thanks for sharing your post at Motivation Monday!

Admin said...

Barb

We used a pork roast. It was a hit in our house. I will do it again.