Monday, July 23, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Debbie

Debbie is a frugal mom from Texas that runs Barking Chihuahuas as a way of earning some extra money.

What is your financial life?

We have 8 kids between us but all are grown except 1 young teen still at home. We live in Texas where it seems the cost of living is higher. Our house is paid off, but we both have new trucks with payments . My hubby is an electrician for a very wonderful company, and I have had my own housecleaning business for over 20 years now so that has helped a lot. I have just recently gone to part time.
.

What is your budget buster?

Really the only thing that has put a dent in our budget is our truck notes.

What is your favorite money saving tip?

I believe using coupons at the grocery store helps so much and I also believe in bargain shopping on the sales racks in the clothing stores first. I also am a firm believer of shutting off the lights when not in use and using cold water to wash my clothing.


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

Most likely, we would put it into our savings account....and of course, have a family dinner out somewhere nice.


What is your best resource for frugal living?

I have struggled a lot in my grown life and I truly believe that my best resource
has been tips from elders, websites with good tips and just learning by living.

No comments: